Re: KDE versus Gnome

__/ [ baldeagle812@xxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 07:48 \__

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to convert from Microsoft Windows to Linux (SUSE Linux 10)
> and I have got as far as the Desktop selection and was wondering which
> desktop to go with - Gnome or KDE?
>
> Can anyone advise me?

Such question have been discussed in great depth before. You can find many
Web pages on the topic. Asking such question is almost like asking if
Windows is better than Linux or which Linux distribution is best. Different
software works for different people. FWIW, here's my survey of the two:
http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/03/15/gnome-versus-kde/

Hope it helps,