Re: pwmconfig and unsafe temp file

__/ [ eurolinux@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 07:43 \__

> Linux version 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp
> (bhcompile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 4.1.0 20060304
> (Red Hat 4.1.0-3)) #1 SMP Tue Mar 14 16:05:46 EST 2006
>
> I'm trying to run a pwmconfig file to set up the fancotrol config file
> but I get this error:
> anybody knows something about this?
>

> [root@localhost vega]# /usr/sbin/pwmconfig
> This program will search your sensors for pulse width modulation (pwm)
> controls, and test each one to see if it controls a fan on
> your motherboard. Note that many motherboards do not have pwm
> circuitry installed, even if your sensor chip supports pwm.
>
> < snip />
>
> Enter the low temperature (C)
> at which the fan should be switched off (0): 15
>
> Enter the high temperature (C)
> at which the fan should be switched to full speed (60): 85
>
> Enter the minimum PWM value (0-255)
> at which the fan STARTS spinning (press t to test) (150): 15
>
> Enter the minimum PWM value (0-255)
> at which the fan STOPS spinning (press t to test) (100): 30
>
> select (1-n): 5
>
> Saving configuration to /etc/fancontrol...
> /usr/sbin/pwmconfig: line 468: tempfile: command not found
> /usr/sbin/pwmconfig: Cannot create temporary file
> [root@localhost vega]#

tempfile is a command that you do not have, as the error message indicates.
Have a look at:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-dpkg/1998/08/msg00000.html

http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/pipermail/l4-hackers/2004/001674.html

,----[ Snippet ]
| We used "tempfile" some months ago in l4/Makfile, but purged itbecause
| it is (unfortunately) not available in all broadly used Linux
| distributions. Please update your sources (CVS) and the problem should
| be gone.
`----

http://netroedge.com/~lm78/man/pwmconfig.html

Also to watch out for:

        http://www.frsirt.com/english/advisories/2005/1492

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  7:55am  up 44 days 21:38,  13 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.24, 0.42