Re: Google and 'topsites'

> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 08:52 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> You could never produce and hand out 9,000 cards or so per day,
>>> could you?
>>
>> you let a printer make the business cards of course. Handing out
>> 9,000 cards is hard I guess, handing out 9,000 flyers is possible.
>>
>>> For small(er) business sites this may be fine, but there are
>>> simpler ways.
>>
>> Yup, good content, and make sure it get noticed ;-)
>
> If an item you wrote is technical and worth reading, Digg(.com)
> yourself.

:-D. It's not that easy, Digg uses quite some techniques to make that a
bit hard. What works quite well is posting a good and on topic comment
with a relative link ;-)

> A front page appearance can attract close to 10,000 visits
> in just one day.

20,000+ is my experience

> Digg is just one example among many popular sites.

Yup, so good content, picking the good site, and handing out a business
card works.

> Another possibility is to release successful software/templates that
> carry links to your site (attribution).

Yes, have been suggesting that to a friend quite some time ago.

--
John

Net::Google and Perl:          http://johnbokma.com/perl/net-google.html