Re: Pirillo: Internet Explorer 7 UI Will Suck

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:12:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Read /this/:
>
> http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/47208/47208.html?Ad=1
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| My advice is simple: Boycott IE. It's a cancer on the Web that must
>| be stopped. IE isn?t secure and isn't standards-compliant, which
>| makes it unworkable both for end users and Web content creators.

Yet only a few months later he wrote this:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_5308_04.asp

"Internet Explorer doesn't get a lot of respect, but then that mistreatment
is deserved given its legendary security problems. That said, IE 7, the
version included in Windows Vista, is coming along nicely and will likely
win over a lot of people who were previously testing the Firefox waters.
[...] But Microsoft deserves some credit for creating some truly unique IE
7-only features as well, including Quick Tabs."

Paul tends to be reactionary.  He's one of the BIG reasons most companies
don't like to release early betas of their software, people jump to
conclusions based on early designs which will change later.