Re: Thumbnail preview in firefox

  • Subject: Re: Thumbnail preview in firefox
  • From: "Jonathan N. Little" <lws4art@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:20:48 -0400
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
__/ [ Jonathan N. Little ] on Friday 21 April 2006 17:34 \__

Ahmadji@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
i just wana say it will be very nice when firefox will start firefox
Thumbnail preview in firefox same like AOL explorer or Opera browser
thanks
Google Lover

Did you bother to look for an extension?

https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q=thumbnail+preview&type=A&app=firefox
Search :: Mozilla Addons :: Add Features to Mozilla Software

Wow! I am glad I read this thread. This is an excellent plug-in, which I have just installed.

I'll see how much of an issue/nuisance speed shall become in a couple of
days. It's the only drawback I can think of. It seems as though screenshots
are taken off-line and delivered from some service like Alexa, whom I know
get front page screenshots. I remember the day when I only dreamed of such
advancements that can become bandwidth greedy...

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/07/02/screenshots-on-links/

I wish folks could wrap their mind around that concept that Firefox *is not* like IE bloatware where pile everything and the kitchen sink into it whether or not the user needs it, (guess you have to justify the price somehow).

Firefox basically 'al la carte', only add what you need. If you are a web developer add the great Web Developer's Bar if not then don't! Firefox natively does not have any real searching with bookmarks, but there is a great little extension that added full sophisticated searching for your bookmarks.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO