Re: A Clippy Guest Appearance

  • Subject: Re: A Clippy Guest Appearance
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:35:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Friday 21 April 2006 17:27 \__

> Rich Gibbs :
>> Last night, the "Daily Show" on Comedy Central had a piece about Bill
>> Gates meeting with the Chinese President.  There was a clip of Bill
>> nattering about how China and Microsoft both saw technology as the key
>> to the future ... and then Clippy popped up on screen:
>>
>> "You seem to be equivocating in a morally ambiguous situation.  Would
>> you like some help?"
>>
>> After the clip (heh), Jon Stewart said he really liked Windows, except
>> that it kept crashing while he was trying to look at his porn E-mail.
>
> You caught that too eh! I almost fell over laughing!
>
> "Come on, its Anna Kornikova NAKED! Why would you craaaaash?!"

Perhaps Clippy was trying to show up, but rather than be excited, it bent and
then crashed. That tends to happen with laptop that overheat due to constant
extraneous CPU usage. Clippy has become a symbol of features that were
implemented although they were uncalled for. Rather than innovate, one
bloats the application and leads to clutter and interference.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
  5:30pm  up 44 days  7:13,  12 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.37, 0.39