Re: reason I am going up the SERPs

  • Subject: Re: reason I am going up the SERPs
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:46:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Big Bill ] on Saturday 15 April 2006 14:28 \__

> On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 08:44:29 -0400, "canadafred"
> <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>"Borek" <m.borkowski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> It just occured to me... In the last two weeks I am observing my pages
>>> going up for the few KWs I am tracing. I thought it is effect of some
>>> earlier SEO actions, but I have just realized something. Lately there are
>>> numerous posters here crying their sites were dropped from index. One of
>>> my sites (ph-meter) was partially dropped from index too. So perhaps my
>>> climbing is just a side effect of less competition?

As PHP SoftGroups said, your competitor never sleeps. Never assume this.

>>That is precisely what I have been observing as well. I watched 20
>>competitors drop out into the SERP oblivion these last two weeks. Most of
>>these were "directory" type web sites that consisted of a conglomerate of
>>business listings operating under one umbrella.

Banned sites and evolving algorithms can lead to this, assuming you continue
to wear a crystal-clean, white hat.

>>They can't say they weren't fairly warned.
>
> There used to be a lot of them above me.

Doorway pages are combatted too. I used to see them, but they just seem to
drop to oblivion recently.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:40am  up 43 days 22:23,  7 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.52, 0.62