Re: Ultra-Mobile PC's to Bring Linux Software Changes?

  • Subject: Re: Ultra-Mobile PC's to Bring Linux Software Changes?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 06:46:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 13 April 2006 10:33 \__

http://www.paperbackpc.com/60/will-umpcs-bring-changes-to-linux-software.html

>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The prospect of the UMPC is looming large; with the technology set to
>>| debut later this year, everyone?s waiting to see just what kind of
>>| impact the new technology has on mobile computing.
>> `----
>
> It's all there already on my Nokia 770...

The Nokia 770 failed to get the media hype that the Origami somehow received,
despite the cost, the size and that overworked(-heated) unit, which if
somehow fits in one's pocket, would probably lead to impotence. I recently
read that Nokia 770 is sold more rapidly than it can be distributed. Word of
mouth might do the trick. I also hear from people who ditch Windows mobile
in favour of Palm (welcome to another world of Linux behind a new facet).

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  6:40am  up 43 days 20:23,  7 users,  load average: 1.32, 1.09, 0.95