Re: The Economist on Open Source Businesses

  • Subject: Re: The Economist on Open Source Businesses
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:15:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> This is a new and comprehensive article.
>
> http://www.economist.com/business/displayStory.cfm?story_id=5624944

Interesting article.  I've a lot of time for the economist, it's
generally very well researched.

One feature of all business articles on open-source that I've ever read
over the years is that they almost invariably predict the urgent demise
of open-source.  I suspect that, in the end, the GPL is just not that
well understood.

Like punning, programming is a play on words.