Re: Apache Overtakes Microsoft for SSL

__/ [ asj ] on Saturday 29 April 2006 04:34 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Apache has overtaken Microsoft as the leading developer of secure
>> | web servers. Apache now runs on 44.0% of secure web sites, compared to
>> | 43.8% for Microsoft.
>

> I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this.
>
> I remember when i used to argue about how apache was killing IIS, and
> some microsoft supporter (in this case, one of the dotnot project
> managers) would point out that SERIOUS businesses used IIs, since there
> were more SSL IIs servers than apache.
>
> I guess Microsofties have run out of excuses by now ;-)

SSL in an Open Source (thus visible) context probably comes to show that the
open-source development model offers better security. Call it what you will.
It's not only a question of cost.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> unzip; ping; mount /usr; grep; umount& sleep
  8:35am  up 1 day 15:40,  13 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.69, 0.98