Re: SuSE on a laptop

__/ [ William Poaster ] on Friday 28 April 2006 13:32 \__

http://linux.about.com/gi/pages/poll.htm?poll_id=4113693387&linkback=http://linux.about.com/library/bl/dist/bldist_poll.htm

> So far, SuSE is the most popular distro in 2006!
>
> Ubuntu 21%
>
> Mandriva 2%
>
> SuSE 27%
>
> Fedora 22%
>
> Debian 11%
>
> Gentoo 1%
>
> Slackware 5%
>
> Others 5%

Don't forget that SuSE is an enterprise-type distribution. Most frequently,
in the commercial scene you have desktops, servers, and routers. Laptops are
more of a personal property which people take home and have full ownership
of. Ubuntu addresses these needs. It is also not particularly aimed at tasks
like Web hosting although Ubuntu for servers exists (something to that
effect) and you can also install the needed packages as a type of addon,
through Synaptic. I guess that Ubuntu is, after all, Linux for the Human
Being. Only a week ago, the guy who sat next to me at the airport was using
Ubuntu on his laptop.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Ubuntu is good with Wi-Fi as well, which for most/all modern laptops is
rather standard.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E