Re: Pirillo: Internet Explorer 7 UI Will Suck

  • Subject: Re: Pirillo: Internet Explorer 7 UI Will Suck
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 08:32:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 26 April 2006 06:57 \__

,----[ Quote ]
| The obvious question is, did Microsoft pay Go Daddy or offer any incentive
| to move its parked domains to Windows? Adelman declined to clear up
| that issue one way or the other. "We can't discuss the technical aspects of
| our industry relationships."
`----

                http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/04/20/1652228

Re. Firefox usage:

http://www.xitimonitor.com/etudes/equipement13.asp (in French)

> Whilst the man in the street hasn't recognised the lock-in risk, many
> CIOs and CTOs have, so I do not think that MS could get away with a
> direct and overt lock-in play.  I expect that Windows Vista will have
> some more subtle lock-in methods waiting to entrap the unwary.

For completeness:

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060329/ap_on_bi_ge/eu_microsoft

> Ah well, if you want to avoid such lock-in, then use Linux!

Preferably a community-driven distribution as well.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  8:25am  up 3 days 17:36,  10 users,  load average: 0.57, 0.47, 0.53