Re: Disappearing blog :.(

__/ [ mig30m6@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 19:50 \__

> Hi
> I have a friend who submitted their blog to Google in mid March.  It
> was picked up last week and successfully made it into the index.
> Although it had a strange description, unfortunately I do not have the
> exact description that Google gave it, here it is anyway:  "Please
> inform blogger about violations of service agreement or spamming".
> That is not the description my friend had originally entered.  By last
>
> Sat., Apr. 22/06, Google had removed this blog from their database.
>  We
> can't figure out why.  Following, I will provide a ling to this
> persons
> blog.  As far as I can tell, she has not violated any terms of the
> service agreement or engaged in any spamming and we can't blame the
> webmaster or ISP as Google owns Blogger so any HTML glitches are likely
>
> their fault as the blogger does not know how to manipulate HTML in any
> significant way and neither do I.  Here is the link to the blog in
> question:
>
> <URL snipped>
>
> She got in!  Why is she out?  I would appreciate any ideas or
> suggestions.
> Thanks you very much.

This smells like pink meat. Why would the description be "Please inform
blogger about violations of service agreement or spamming"? Was the blog
used as an SEO tool with organic content and links to external sites?
Blogspot was recently 'cleaned up'. It has become highly notorious and the
crushing majority of blogs there were/are SEO-driven drivel.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Microsoft's Counter-Supportive Evangelist (MCSE)
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  2:25am  up 3 days 11:36,  8 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.84, 0.82