Re: Torvalds lambasts Free Software Foundation

  • Subject: Re: Torvalds lambasts Free Software Foundation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 08:44:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ ws ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 04:51 \__

> [H]omer wrote:
>> Tony Sivori wrote:
>>
>>> oh. my. god.
>>>
>>> PJ removed Linus Torvalds' post on Groklaw because he used a few
>>> swear words.
>>
>> I'm more offended by his sentiment, than his swearing.
>>
>> Has Torvalds developed a brain tumour or something; he seems to be
>> turning into just another capitalist grey suit?
>>
>> "Say I'm a hardware manufacturer. I decide I love some particular
>> piece of open-source software, but when I sell my hardware, I want to
>> make sure it runs only one particular version of that software,
>> because that's what I've validated." - http://tinyurl.com/zljpq
>> (news.com)
>>
>> Remind you of anything?
>>
>> Next he'll be arguing that it's a *good* thing that hardware
>> manufacturers develop CSS drivers for Windows only, precluding
>> Linux. Oh but *that's* OK though ... so long as the drivers are
>> "validated" then we can all sleep easier at night.
>>
>> AFAICT the GPLv3 is simply a DRM countermeasure, and IMHO that can
>> only be a good thing, since DRM may well be one of the most evil
>> creations in human history. If that sounds hysterical then go read
>> some Orwell and think again.
>>
>> I'm starting to think that maybe Theo the Rat might be right after
>> all.
>>

> Just waiting for Alan Cox to hit Linus on the head with a clue stick.
> It's what happened the last time when he had a brain fart.

Which one of them? Either way, I am shocked that his post was removed. What
an insult, given that he rarely (if ever) participates in that forum. He
won't be back any time soon.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Tasks: 137 total,   2 running, 134 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie