Re: American McGee dumps Windows for Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 07:50 \__

> As I've said on my blog, this is symbolically extremely
> significant. Along with John Carmack, American McGee is one of the
> pioneers of the "Home PC" industry, thanks to ground breaking games
> such a Doom and Quake. For someone of his stature to dump Windows,
> something *really* has to be rotten in Denmark.
>
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/WGA_Converts_American_McGee_to_Linux

Denmark is actually very liberated.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/linuxunix/0,39020390,39117341,00.htm

        Denmark urges govt support for open source

http://www.computerworld.dk/art/34035?a=rss&i=0

        Helge Sander åbner for OpenDocument-formatet

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/27/danes_eye_apple/

        Denmark joins France in Apple-kicking

In all respects, Germany and Norway are probably behind Denmark as far as
Microsoft hostility and Open Source affinity are concerned. Finland is
probably somewhere at the very top (alongside Cuba with their embargo).

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
roy      pts/10                        Tue Aug  1 05:04 - 05:05  (00:00)