Re: [News] Opera and Firefox for a Better Search Experience

__/ [ Penguiniator ] on Tuesday 01 August 2006 03:43 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> Advanced, customized searching with Opera and Firefox
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | When it comes to searching, there are many options for users
>> | who wish to enhance their browsing and research.
>> `----
>>

> http://internet.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/07/21/1525214&from=rss
>>
>> I personally find "find as you type" (accessibility feature)
>> quite useful. There are also many Firefox extensions...
>
> One problem with the article though is that it treats keyword
> searches in Firefox as a new feature coming in 2.0. You have to
> wonder how such things slip by editors, unless of course, they
> don't use the software any more than the author apparently does.

As far as I know, it was/is even available in Firefox 1.0. A good toolbar,
however, can be just as efficient (not very expressive though). Also worth
mentioning is YubNub: http://www.yubnub.org/

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Penguiniator, people really loved your post...

http://digg.com/linux_unix/WGA_Converts_American_McGee_to_Linux#c2513514

(modded up +100)

I am yet to blog it. Many thanks.