Re: [NewS] Fossystems.com Celebrates Launch of Online Auction

  • Subject: Re: [NewS] Fossystems.com Celebrates Launch of Online Auction
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 03:59:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Monday 31 July 2006 19:26 \__

> On 2006-07-31, Jim <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something
> concerning:
>> Sinister Midget wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.fossystems.com/auction/viewnew.php?id=8582651
>>>
>>>    York, Pa (PRWEB) July 28, 2006 -- Fossystems, providers of one of
>>>    the top open source trading opportunities, today announced the
>>>    launch of its online resource, Fossystems.com. The web-based auction
>>>    will serve as a trade and networking platform on an international
>>>    level for open source, BSD and linux enthusiasts to buy and sell
>>>    items such as desktops, laptops, media centers, servers, systems
>>>    discs and technology books.
>>>
>>>    The site's primary purpose is accommodating buyers and sellers of
>>>    computers featuring open source software such as all major BSD and
>>>    linux distributions. "Fossystems.com was created to fill the need of
>>>    free open source system builders and creators to have a unified
>>>    place to list and market their items", says open source advocate and
>>>    Fossystems.com creator, Ronnie Whisler. Fossystems.com also hopes to
>>>    create an online community for Fossystems supporters from all over
>>>    the world by providing BSD, linux and open source related articles
>>>    and editorials.
>>>
>>> See:
>>>
>>> http://www/fossystems.com
>>>
>>> Someone please respond to this. Not to make me happy. I don't care. But
>>> Erik might bust a blood vessel if there's no response.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>

>> hmmm... open source eBay?
>> Of course, like COLA, it'll breed its share of arseholes and FUDmeisters
>> out to poison the well. How long before we see Microsoft ads in that there
>> sidebar? Or on the forums?

Actually, these seem to be have been retracted ever since the top FUD puppet,
Martin Taylor, ditched Microsoft. Judging by LinuxToday at least... Google
for 'linux' and some C|Net sidebars still suggest otherwise. Infiltrating
into your rival's territory is a disgraceful breach into ethical grounds
and, according to some lawsuits against Google, it may also be illegal.

> I expect the listings to eventually mention the machines have been
> tested with Winders CrapVersion before listing.
>
> From there things will move downhill rapidly.

No doubt.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
Tasks: 137 total,   1 running, 134 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie