Re: [News] Everybody Uses the Command Line

__/ [ sloblocks ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 17:03 \__

> It happens that Roy Schestowitz formulated :
>> You use Command Lines all the time and don't know it!!!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> Man, the heat Linux catches over command lines! The flames! The trolls!
>>> The clueless screaming for help! And all the while, command lines are
>>> right under your nose the whole time! Yes, even on the most mousy,
>>> GUI-driven, WIMPy, point-n-drool interface, whether it be Macs or
>>> Microsofties, you're typing commands into prompts every day!
>> `----
>>
>> http://penguinpetes.com/b2evo/index.php?p=156&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
>>
>> Quite a juvenile post, but a valid point is being made. No-one should fear
>> the command-line interface, which is already mastered by all. Of
>> relevance:
>>
>>         http://www.yubnub.org/ (Social command line for the Web)
>

> On a slightly more surreal note, using the Google search line shown on
> penguinpetes website returned this as one of the top hits:
>
> http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/pub/OpenBSD/songs/?C=M;O=A
>
> Hmmm.... somebody with too much time on their hands...
>
> 8-o :-Z 8-o

This reminds me of something that I once read.

http://www.cwire.org/data-mining-using-google/

See the Beatles example... it should be self-explanatory. I suppose that
command-line utilities like wget can close a circle.

Best wishes,

GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >