Re: [News] Open Source 3D Acceleration in nVidia Cards; ATi xorg-7.1 Support (Digest)

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 02 August 2006 15:15 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/
>>
>> Open Source 3D acceleration for nVidia cards
>>

>> ATi beats nVidia to xorg-7.1 support
>>
>> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-484520.html
>
> Now that would be a very very good thing.  I also think it would be
> beneficial to nVidia, if it were good enough.
>
> I'm still less than totally convinced that there's a need for
> binary-only kernel drivers.

How about the following dou?

Introducing the Open Graphics Project

,----[ Quote ]
| One project that I've been following quite closely lately is a
| project started by chip-designer Timothy Miller, called the Open
| Graphics Project. His goal, along with the rest of the project, known as
| the "Open Graphics Foundation" is to make a 3D accelerated video card
| which is fully documented, free-licensed, and open source.
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2006/07/19/introducing-the-open-graphics-project/

Digitizer Cards Get New Linux Drivers

,----[ Quote ]

`----

                http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20060729085506384

--
GNU/Linux is beautiful. < http://youtube.com/watch?v=lawkc3jH3ws >
roy      pts/9                         Wed Aug  2 14:47 - 14:50  (00:03)