Re: [News] Why One Million Linux Laptops in Nigeria Will Make a Difference

On 2006-08-02, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Nigerians fed up with 'junk' PC trade
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Basel Action Network, an American NGO, published a report recently in
>| which it said that some 500 containers of 400 000 second-hand computers
>| are emptied monthly in Apapa seaport in Lagos.
> `----
>
>                 http://cooltech.iafrica.com/features/832532.htm

Where did people think those items they turned in to recycle were going
to end up? Most places don't want them put into landfills.

I'm sure M$ can make those b0rken boxen useful by putting some b0rken
"software' on them. Plus His Billness would get himself a nice little
tax writeoff by "donating" the garbage to his "charitable foundation"
for the purpose of "saving" those poor people in Nigeria.

--
Windows: Pay more, expect less.