Re: [News] Microsoft's Security Guru Jumps Ship

On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:57:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Amazon's profits/margins/whatever were down almost 50% in their last report.
> They are desparate... for anything!

Amazon's profits are down because they're fucking up.

I placed two orders with Amazon in the last 2 months.  The first, placed on
June 16th, I'm *STILL* waiting for the book today, even though they claim
the book ships within 2-3 weeks.

The second, placed on July 27th, still hasn't shipped (despite the fact
that they claim the books usually ship within 24 hours) and isn't expected
to ship until the end of the week, although they've alraedy delayed one
book by 2 weeks, even though they claim that it's in stock.

The simple fact is, Amazon used to be great.  You'd order a book, and
within a few days it was delivered to your door, now it takes weeks and
months to get them.

No wonder their profits are down.  I doubt i'll order from them again.