Re: amaroK-1.4.1-37.1

__/ [ Claude ] on Friday 04 August 2006 15:06 \__

> I upgraded amaroK and loss the helix engine and could get no sound.
> I had to revert back to 1.3.1-7 to make it work again and accept the
> helix engine. I even upgraded helix but it still didn't work with the
> new amarok. only the old helix and the old amarok work together.
> So anyone had better luck or skill.

I tried (several times even) to upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.1 and 1.3.x. In all
cases there were some dependency issues (RPM) that I could not trivially
resolve. Compilation from source was a path leading to no solution either.
In my case, with 9.3, I am just assuming that I ought to put up with the
buggy 1.2.x release. This has already eaten up over an hour of my time (in
vain). For a few weeks had me revert back to XMMS. I suspect that upgrading
to 10.1 will help, assuming you have not already done so.

Hope it helps,