Re: amaroK-1.4.1-37.1

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> __/ [ Claude ] on Friday 04 August 2006 15:06 \__
>
>> I upgraded amaroK and loss the helix engine and could get no sound.
>> I had to revert back to 1.3.1-7 to make it work again and accept the
>> helix engine. I even upgraded helix but it still didn't work with the
>> new amarok. only the old helix and the old amarok work together.
>> So anyone had better luck or skill.
>
> I tried (several times even) to upgrade from 1.2.x to 1.4.1 and 1.3.x. In all
> cases there were some dependency issues (RPM) that I could not trivially
> resolve. Compilation from source was a path leading to no solution either.
> In my case, with 9.3, I am just assuming that I ought to put up with the
> buggy 1.2.x release. This has already eaten up over an hour of my time (in
> vain). For a few weeks had me revert back to XMMS. I suspect that upgrading
> to 10.1 will help, assuming you have not already done so.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Roy

Upgrading to 10.1 is a very bad Idea from the reports I've seen.
The  Amarok site says that first you have to install the engines you
want to use, then recompile Amarok so that it will SEE them. Then
reinstall it. Isn't that nice. I guess I'll stick with the old version,
I want to use it not re-invent it.

--
Linux is just a fancy name for Windows blocker.

Claude Hopper