Re: Windows Vista Backward Compatible with BSoD

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> http://www.geek24.com/g/funny-picture-of-the-day-microsoft-windows-vista-is-backwards-compatible-with-blue-screen-of-death
>
> Voice recognition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y_Jp6PxsSQ

To be fair, I haven't seen any really effective "natural language"
speech recognition software.  The vulnerability to noise, dialect
differences, even head colds can throw it off.  I've tried ViaVoice and
Naturally Speaking.  And there is still not a good way to get a
reliable transcription of a conference call, a live meeting, or group
discussion.  At best you can get a "memory jogger".

Of course, if anyone does come up with a really reliable voice
recognition technology, it could create a huge privacy problem.
Imagine the complete transcript of every telephone call you make going
into a search engine like Google.  Now imagine that anyone could search
that database.  It makes the Gestapo and the KGB look like the keystone
cops.

Imagine the political damage you could do with such a database.
Imagine the economic damage you could do by leaking the right
information to the wrong people.

> And it's showtime! http://youtube.com/watch?v=UjZQGRATlwA

Well, at least it's a beta.  Fortunately most corporations won't even
start to buy the new versions until SP2 is published.