Re: [News] Windows Vista Backward Compatible with BSoD

On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:54:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The best advertisement (for MSFT) is /presence/.
>
> In banks...
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/thousandrobots/137601728/

As usual, roy.  You seem to get the facts totally wrong.

>From the caption:  "BSOD At Kipps Bay movie theater"

> In airports...
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/heikol/55293071/

On airplanes:

http://flickr.com/photos/jhecking/119428379/

"The Linux based flight entertainment system used by South African Airlines
was quite unstable and crashed more than once with a kernel panic during
the 11 hour flight from Cape Town back to Frankfurt. "

http://flickr.com/photos/alansky/120195821/

"The video screens didn't work on the airplane so the crew rebooted the
video server several times, letting us all see the Linux config and IP
addresses. Every seat contains a PC with Linux!"

http://flickr.com/photos/kampers/82779083/

"It was still booting up when I got on the plane."

http://flickr.com/photos/enfa/88995598/

"One side of the aircraft's touchscreens didnt work for the flight; the
other side was fine. They tried rebooting, but alas, no in flight trivia or
tv for me. Nice to see they were running a useful app on linux, though."

http://flickr.com/photos/donpix/186397401/

"On a recent flight the screen at my seat spontaneously rebooted, looks
like they are running Linux "

http://flickr.com/photos/rickumali/120080179/

"The Delta Song flight from Los Angeles to Boston just landed, and I was
waiting to deplane, when the entertainment screens behind all the seat
backs simultaneously rebooted. I saw the familiar Linux penguin, and
watched the boot scroll by. Cool!"

> In arcades...
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/51092051@N00/62133664/

And, of course, it's not an arcade.