Re: [News] Windows Vista Backward Compatible with BSoD

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 02:54:29 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> > The best advertisement (for MSFT) is /presence/.
> >
> > In banks...
> >
> > http://flickr.com/photos/thousandrobots/137601728/
>
> As usual, roy.  You seem to get the facts totally wrong.
>
> From the caption:  "BSOD At Kipps Bay movie theater"
>
> > In airports...
> >
> > http://flickr.com/photos/heikol/55293071/
>
> On airplanes:
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/jhecking/119428379/
>
> "The Linux based flight entertainment system used by South African Airlines
> was quite unstable and crashed more than once with a kernel panic during
> the 11 hour flight from Cape Town back to Frankfurt. "
>
> http://flickr.com/photos/alansky/120195821/

I don't see a kernel panic there. That looks like normal boot messages
(as far as I can see).

I've seen this quite often as well on airplanes. But in every instance
it has been due to hardware (or power supply) problems. No doubt the
crew has been trained to reboot if in doubt.

Question: Given that at least some reboots are inevitable (power bumps,
etc.) why don't we see any Windows logos so prominently displayed?

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto:Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
There was a man who entered a local paper's pun contest. He sent in ten