Re: WTF - Yahoo?

__/ [ Phil Payne ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 10:16 \__

> Furtlingly trivial.
>
> I changed http://www.isham-research.co.uk/fb/index.html for some
> trivial reasons.  Not a commercial site - just a friendly thing I do
> for a few musicians.  Odd little details - nothing of consequence.
>
> I added the word "rock" to the <title>.
>
> Less than ten minutes later - Yahoo has indexed it.
>
> Google - eat your heart out.

This  could be a coincidence. Your conclusion is based on  a
statistically-invalid case. It seems more like an hypothesis
that  you  want  to embrace rather than  a  reality.  Google
revolves  around many site more frequently than Yahoo, but I
agree  that  Google  is  notorious  for  having  out-of-date
content   (cache  is  also  days  behind),  for  which  news
aggregators  exist.  Take  for example:  Technorati,  Google
News, Yahoo News... and the brand-new Topix news feeds which
I subscribed to earlier today. It's quite okay, but there is
still a lot of 'noise' among the results.