Re: [News] Microsoft Employee: Company too Big and Paralyzed

__/ [ 7 ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 20:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>>  Niall Sez Microsoft is Too Big and Paralyzed
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Lots of echoes in the chamber rolled up at TechMeme. Rumblings of
>> | cut-backs and paralysis and Microsoft being the new IBM. I certainlya
>> | gree with the desire for Microsoft to be a way smaller company (thoughI
>> |  think every time I say that, or ring a bell, 100 more people get
>> |  hired).
>> | I'm not bought into the split-up, except for the sobering benefit of
>> | cutting off the cash-cow money flow that allows an abundance of waste
>> | and bad decisions elsewhere in the company.
>> `----
>>
>>                         http://tinyurl.com/kdzmk (Mini Microsoft)
>

> All it means is that regulators have failed to take stock
> of their own responsibilies and has fallen victim
> to asstroturfers and micoshaft lawyers instead of taking
> their civil responsibilities seriously and chopping
> up micoshaft into little pieces.

I thought a judge had ordered Microsoft to break up to subsegments, e.g. MSN
and Microsoft. The divide was never to stay and Windows integrates too
closely with MSN. This will become even more apparent with Vista, which uses
bullish tactics to promote and increase MSN revenue (through ads and
subscriptions).