Re: This Group Is A Complete Waste.

  • Subject: Re: This Group Is A Complete Waste.
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 16:00:04 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:39:11 +0100
<2784255.8O45op1ZJK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ Donn Miller ] on Thursday 10 August 2006 13:06 \__
>
>> Chuck Lysaght wrote:

>>> Then don't read the fucking group you twat.
>>
>> He can't.  Like a train wreck, it's not pretty to look at, but one can't
>> help but be helplessly drawn to it.
>
> It's a nice analogy. Longhorn was already said to be a trainwreck back in
> early 2005 (PCWorld, I think). Linux, on the other hand, is like a beautiful
> lady (let's call her SuSE, or Fedora, or Mandriva) showering in the mist
> (away from public eye). You know you're not supposed to look, but curiosity
> beats you.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

This is assuming one can get past the fat, bloated woman
with pink curlers and holding a skillet marked "Internet
Explorer". :-)  Said woman might have been attractive -- once.
I won't go into details on what's on her body.  (No, it's
not clothing.)

Of course this analogy has an odd flip side: the other
woman showering in the mist turns out to be an android,
with selectable heads, legs, arms, torso, treads,
weaponry, and even ladyfingers.  Depending on what one
snaps onto the base one can either have a svelte 20ish- or
30ish- something, a rather stout dowager with mink stole,
lorgnette, and many diamonds, an elderly grandmother type,
a mate fit for Wolverine of the X-men with retractable
razor blades [*], a reusable bombshell (not necessarily
blonde, but one could put a wig thereon), a small
spacecraft, an even smaller robot (*with* batteries),
or a modern tank complete with autoloading cannon and
active armor.

Um...told you it was odd. :-)  Even _Weird Science_
couldn't get *that* peculiar.

Linux: entirely customizable to suit one's needs.

(With apologies to any women in the audience, especially
those who can cook.)

[*] for example, Molly/Kolodny of _Neuromancer_.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Vista.  Because it's time to refresh your hardware.  Trust us.