Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?

  • Subject: Re: Why the criticism of Roy's [News] articles?
  • From: Rob Hughes <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:05:02 -0500
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Donn Miller wrote:

> Roy Culley wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz's [News] posts have really rattled the COLA wintrolls.
>> The personal attacks against him have proved that.
>>
>> One argument used by some of the trolls is that so few of his posts
>> generate followups and hence nobody appreciates his articles to COLA.
>
> I think the fact that so few of his posts generate followups is a good
> argument for grouping a number of his posts into one post.  I don't mean
> create one giant post containing 200 posts, but rather, do something
> like is done with FAQs: break the posts down into 3-4 or so posts.

> News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
> 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy
> via Encryption =----

And then people will bitch about which articles are in which post. I like it
the way it is. I can find the ones I'm interested in quickly, and skip the
rest without wading through a bunch of stuff lumped into one post.

--
Thank you for supporting me in the Livestrong Challenge!
Please make your tax deductible donation at