Re: Where can I buy a 3 button mouse?

Roy Schestowitz :
> __/ [ Jim ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 12:08 \__
>
>> Once upon a midnight dreary, while Roy Schestowitz pondered weak and weary
>> over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore...:
>>
>>> __/ [ kroger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 20 August 2006 07:08 \__

>>> One that's compatible with Linux and is Linux-friendly? If not, I fail to
>>> see how this relates to the theme of this newsgroup.
>>
>> I have an Iota CM-103 optical scroll/3-button micro mouse and it works just
>> fine. Most scroll mouse scroll wheels double as third buttons, yanno.
>
> The "wireless" part is that which I found more concering. I have not got
> hands-in experience with it, but SUSE seems to have all the knobs and
> options in place (obviating the need for third-party software). It's always
> amusing when you see people whose Windows-centric hardware does not function
> fully under Linux (e.g. Windows logo, context menu button or Microsoft
> peripherals). People should understand that they should buy /for/ their O/S.
> If what's at present is Linux-hostile, then in future perchases, the horses
> should go before the wagon. If only more people grasped the fact that it's
> their own fault, or rather the expectation that everything (even
> proprietary) should be backward engineered for own convenience.

I'm using a Microsoft wireless keyboard/mouse combo through a single USB
connector. It has several non-standard buttons made to control volume
and video. Every button works and Gnome utilises them better.
Installation in Linux was easier and took much less time, and this is on
Slackware.

I have no doubt tho OP will easily find something that works.

--
... My pants just went on a wild rampage through a Long Island Bowling
Alley!!

http://www.websterscafe.com