Re: [News] Will Compiz/XGL Be the 'Wow Factor' That Coverts Users?

__/ [ Roy Culley ] on Saturday 19 August 2006 23:42 \__

> begin  risky.vbs
> <1575172.eN7Y9ry7y7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> It kinda bugs me. *smile*
>
> I enjoy your posts Roy but it bugs me when you go to the effort of
> writing '*smile*' when a simple smiley will do. It makes you look a
> little 'naive'. :-)

Really? I have always been doing that. I have always perceived the symbolic
form as somewhat 'open to interpretation' or immature. Maybe I just
associate it with youngsters in ICQ and MySpace ("omg!!!!!!!! tis is kewl!!
;-)"). Anyway, I spotted a mistake/typo in my last message. Should have been
'bootscreen' or 'bootsplash', not 'bootloader', even though grub and lilo
are modifiable too (not easily). I once read an howto on ways of changing
the image and further customising that screen (which a Linux user may only
see a few times a year).