Re: [News] Will Compiz/XGL Be the 'Wow Factor' That Coverts Users?

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Saturday 19 August 2006 07:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, yttrx
> <yttrx@xxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Sat, 19 Aug 2006 04:43:23 GMT
> <LFwFg.79148$iv2.1340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> No, for the same reason we aren't all using Amigas now.
>>>

>> You mean because its buggy as fuck and the only useful thing it
>> does is run a video toaster?
>>

> Being buggy never stopped Windows. :-)

It kinda bugs me. *smile* Hey, check out some nice bootloader and KDE login
screen...

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=29662&file1=29662-1.jpg&file2=29662-2.jpg&file3=&name=Fingerprint+Bootsplash+1024x768

Fingerprint Bootsplash 1024x768

http://www.kde-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=1&id=41242&file1=41242-1.png&file2=&file3=&name=Raindrops+%28Moodin+Theme%29

Raindrops (Moodin Theme)

Login screen in Windows will soon be filled with ads and links. Yuck!