Re: [News] Forbes: Windows Vista Leads to Domino Effect

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Friday 18 August 2006 20:23 \__
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> __/ [ Oliver Wong ] on Friday 18 August 2006 19:18 \__

>>> How so? There is very little to offer. All features that had essence were
>>> conseded because the code was (still is) a mess. Vista is all that you can
>>> do in 6 months of development... add some bloat because visual traits can
>>> be
>>> deceiving.
>>
>>     Well, for one, assuming you had Windows [foo], "[foo] service packs"
>>     are free. Vista will not automatically be free just because you own XP,
>>     though.
>
> Right. And you have just explained why Vista will never be embraced by most
> XP users. As it stands, Microsoft offer a free upgrade to Vista to those who
> purchase a computer with XP later this year, as well as next year.
>
> Windows Vista is chaotic, Oliver, and if you cannot see this (Ballmer and
> Gates know this very well) then you are in denial. Most trolls rush into
> this newsgroup due to fear (from the inevitable need to switch) and an
> inferiority complex that leads to vulgarities.

I really had to laugh at this thread, Roy - Mr Wong is claiming that the
difference between a software release and a service pack from Microsoft
is the /price/!  This is, err, priceless.

I'm not sure why you grace him with the time of day...

Fortune finishes the great quotations, #12

	Those who can, do.  Those who can't, write the instructions.