Re: [News] Forbes: Windows Vista Leads to Domino Effect

__/ [ Lawrence D'Oliveiro ] on Saturday 19 August 2006 10:05 \__

> In message <0wnFg.6970$395.2848@edtnps90>, Oliver Wong wrote:
>
>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Why is it taking so long to deliver an XP service pack with a new theme?
>>> It would take over a year just to test...
>>
>>     It's dishonest for you to call Vista "an XP service pack with a new
>> theme".
>
> It would be a bit hard to make the "dishonest" claim stick when the OP is
> hardly the only one doing it:
> <http://www.pcauthority.com.au/feature.aspx?CIaFID=1445>.

Windows XP SP3 Plus
PC Authority, September 2006

I can recall another one. Let me find it.

Okay, couldn't find it, but at least another notable (not blog) reviewer
attested to the same experience. Here is something I came across while
trying to chase it.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/topnews/wpn-60-20051014MicrosoftDispleasedOverFakeXPSP3.html

Microsoft Displeased Over 'Fake' XP SP3