Re: A Vista [delay] Domino Effect

John A. Bailo wrote:

> alt wrote:
>
>> As it is, if there were no Linux distros, I'd be looking at a Mac or
>> Windows 2000.
>
> Oh, and while we're at it...when's the last time that Apple delivered
> a /new/ OS?
>
> OSX is like...how *old* ??

OSX Tiger is about a year old. Leopard ships early in the new year. Of
course, the changes to OSX are incremental.

On a side note, I don't know what you have against Apple. As far as their
business practices are concerned, they are not much different to most large
corporations. When it comes to criminal activity, most corporations have a
long way to go to catch up with Microsoft.

As far as their products are concerned, they work and they work well. OSX is
a great extension of Unix and for a sizable section of the market, the only
thing that stops people buying is the cost. Linux is still learning from
Apple in the user friendliness area.

That all being said, Linux is the best fit for me in terms of usability,
stability, configurability and reliability. My wife on the other hand has a
Power Book and is very happy with it.

If you don't like OSX, don't use it. Unlike that company from Redmond, Apple
are not going around twisting the arms of computer manufacturers to only
install a bug ridden piece of crap that is now five years old. And then
following that up by installing spyware on the computers running that OS.

Ian