Re: [News] Video Shows How Terribly Non-Standards-Compliant MS IE7 Is

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 18 August 2006 21:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:21:10 +0100
> <3381913.YrlRHahxcN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Worth watching. IE7 comes at the end. What a mess!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rt3dwZwvdI
>
> Interesting how the tester is able to subinvoke Ubuntu on a Mac, then
> XGL to its root window.  It's hard to tell what he's using but that's
> more interesting in its way than the compliance testing. :-)
>
> The webpage is findable readily enough and appears to be
>
> http://www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/
>
> so go ahead; run your own tests. :-)
>
> (spoilers below)
>
> Briefly, Konqueror, Safari, and Opera are 100% compliant.
> IE bleeds all over the lower part of the screen. :-)
> Most of the rest are acceptable.
>
> (My test with Opera is with 8.54, and it's not quite 100% compliant,
> though it's closer than Mozilla.  I think the video operator is
> using a newer version.)

There's version 9. It came out not so long ago. I use 8.5 myself...

Opera takes the lead as far as CSS implementations and compiance with the
latest draft/recommendations is concerned. I wonder if they have some of
CSS3 implemented yet. I suspect they do.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
roy      pts/5                         Thu Aug 17 12:56 - 12:56  (00:00)