Re: (Article) China Requires Government Approval for Web Publishing

__/ [ lastwhiteknights@xxxxxxxxxxx ] on Friday 18 August 2006 08:34 \__

> Paul wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 03:29:28 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >China Making Sure That User Generated Content Is Officially Registered
>> >Content First
>> >
>> >http://techdirt.com/articles/20060816/1914235.shtml
>>
>> Shame they couldn't do that with myspace <G>

*Smile*

As in show your momma and poppa before uploading, then tick the box saying
"I'm over 6 years of age and mommy said it won't attract any sexual
predators"?

> Well they can't.  In America, we have what is called "freedom of
> speech".  Protect your rights.
>
> http://www.savetheinternet.com

That's what we all try to do, I think. It's a shame that government controls
information in some countries while 'the little people' are silenced
(usually as means of giving more power to the current government). It's a
deadlock.

Best wishes,

Programmer: a device to convert coffee beans into code (Paul Erdos slant)
Mem:    514480k total,   479444k used,    35036k free,    43016k buffers