[News] Real for WMA/WMV: December 2006; Flash 9 for Linux: Early 2007; Motorola Mainstream Linux Phones: 2008

  • Subject: [News] Real for WMA/WMV: December 2006; Flash 9 for Linux: Early 2007; Motorola Mainstream Linux Phones: 2008
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:26:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It's the actual dates that make the headlines. All great news for Linux.

Real to offer Windows Media on Linux by December

,----[ Quote ]
| Real Networks by December is preparing to launch a Linux version of its
| Real media player for Linux, enabling the users to play audio and video
| files in the Windows Media format.
`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=35942

Flash Player 9 available for Intel-based Macs

,----[ Quote ]
| A Linux version for Adobe Flash is due in early 2007, according to
| the company.
`----

                        http://uk.builder.com/0,39026540,39329735,00.htm

Motorola dialing up mainstream Linux phones

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/Motorola+dialing+up+mainstream+Linux+phones/2100-7252_3-6106065.html