Re: [News] Motley Fool Confirms that SCOX is Doomed

On 2006-08-15, billwg <billwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Maybe so, but what of the 112 claims that are still in force and not going
> away from summary judgment?

 That *wasn't* a summary judgement. That was an order by the judge
because there was essentially *no* evidence offered for 182 of the
claims. There was at least some minimal evidence offered for 112 of
them. (Note: that doesn't mean "good" or "sufficient" evidence, just
"some". This hasn't gone to trial yet. They are still working out
exactly what will go to trial. SCO couldn't even produce enough
evidence to create any kind of disputed fact for the majority of
their claims. That should give some clue about the strength of their
overall case.)

 Summary judgement motions can't be filed until 25-Sep-06. (Originally
it was 28-Jul-06, and then it was 04-Aug-06, but SCO's been using
delaying tactics.) Things should be interesting at that point, assuming
SCO makes it that far.

--
 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                     (313) 227-2317

 "[F]or a long time I bought into a common schema for the Bush administration:
  dim-bulb president surrounded and propped up by bright, ruthless neocons...
    I'm chagrined to admit now that I have, at least in part, bought into a
 lie... The neocons surrounding Bush are not all that bright... - Jon Carroll