Re: [News] Mark Kent's Article on Linux.com

  • Subject: Re: [News] Mark Kent's Article on Linux.com
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:26:56 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Wednesday 09 August 2006 10:57 \__
>
>> GP2X: It's all fun and games
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The GP2X is an open, Linux-based handheld games console manufactured by
>> | Game Park Holdings of South Korea. It has a typical handheld control
>> | layout, a good quality backlit screen, built-in stereo speakers,
>> | headphone socket, and several connectivity and expansion options. My
>> | son is completely taken with the device, and it has won me over too.
>> | tt GBP125 (or $190), you're not going to find a less expensive handheld
>> | device that can be expanded into a full-blown computer...
>> `----
>>
>> http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/02/151253&from=rss
>>
>> Initially posted to COLA and possibly plagiarised to later appear on
>> NewsForge.
>
> Correction: he got NewsForge as well.
>
> http://hardware.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/02/151258&from=rss

Indeed!  I think newsforge were doing the click-through to the linux.com
article.  It got a few comments, which I was pleased about;  it's
particularly notable that all the remarks were very positive about the
device.  My No.1 son is truly chuffed with his GP2X, and No.2 son is
keen to get one as well.  No.1 is also saving up his pennies for another
SD card...

Ernest asks Frank how long he has been working for the company.
	"Ever since they threatened to fire me."