Re: [News] Debian Linux Gets Virtualisation

  • Subject: Re: [News] Debian Linux Gets Virtualisation
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:24:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Sunday 13 August 2006 08:14 \__

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1998820,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

>> Joining Red Hat and Novell in that department. Another /out-of-the-box/
>> advantage over competing operating systems...
>
> In hare and tortoise style, the linux distros are now so far ahead of
> anything which either Apple or Microsoft are doing, that I cannot really
> imagine them ever being able to catch up.  Conversly, the continued
> adoption of FLOSS by governments ensures that open standards will be
> dominant (like a Spanish local Junta recently adopting Debian); and the
> continued growth of devices, like the Linksys NSLU2 which has its own
> debian port.

Venezuelan members of parliament use Debian for Human Beings.

http://lubrio.blogspot.com/2006/08/realizado-segundo-festival-de-software.html
http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&u=http%3A//lubrio.blogspot.com/2006/08/realizado-segundo-festival-de-software.html