Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't

  • Subject: Re: What Microsoft has that Linux doesn't
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 17:06:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 16:55 \__

<http://trends.newsforge.com/trends/06/08/10/1350216.shtml?tid=148&tid=20&tid=11>
>> --
>> http://www.vanwensveen.nl/rants/microsoft/IhateMS.html
>
> Linux has 0.26% market share (the sane interpretation)
>
> http://www.wininsider.com/news/?2248

How many vendors do you know who sell machines with Linux preinstalled? I
know a few that give you a blank hard-drive and some Linux CD's. This still
won't count as a Linux box. Web-based statistics will also be deceived by
the traffic of zombies and user-agent forging, which in many cases is a must
(for convenience in surfing). And with wide diversity (as opposed to
uniformity, which helps commercial vendor strut their stuff=figure$) in
these strings, no wonder "Other" occupies such a large portion of the O/S
pie. It is most probably dominated by Linux. I see "Other" holding a 10%
chunk of the pie in my sites.