Re: Timeline of windows Vista release announcements

  • Subject: Re: Timeline of windows Vista release announcements
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 06:28:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Nomen Nescio ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 03:40 \__

>    Is there a compilation of official or semi-official
> announcements by Microsoft officials of release dates for
> Vista and/or Longhorn?  I am especially interested in things
> that are documentable, as opposed to reports attributed
> to insiders.

2003...

2005...

2006...

Xmas 2006...

January 2006...

Early 2007...

80% chance it would be ready at the beginning beginning of 2007 (Gates, two
months ago)

Analysts currently look at March-April 2007 (a few weeks ago, "It'll be
released when it's ready")

Some look beyond that date.

Betas are still chaotic, so I don't know if a release candidate will be ready
in August, as recently promised.