Re: Timeline of windows Vista release announcements

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 12:42 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ Nomen Nescio ] on Saturday 12 August 2006 03:40 \__
>>
>>>    Is there a compilation of official or semi-official
>>> announcements by Microsoft officials of release dates for
>>> Vista and/or Longhorn?  I am especially interested in things
>>> that are documentable, as opposed to reports attributed
>>> to insiders.
>>
>> 2003...
>>
>> 2005...
>>
>> 2006...
>>
>> Xmas 2006...
>>
>> January 2006...
>
> Did you mean "January 2007"?

Of course. *smile*

To be honest, I had "Early 2006" typed down below before I fixed it. There is
something that prevents the mind (a mental barrier) from mentioning future
dates (years in particular). It's not the first time, I suspect.

         vvvv

>> Early 2007...
>>
>> 80% chance it would be ready at the beginning beginning of 2007 (Gates,
>> two months ago)
>>
>> Analysts currently look at March-April 2007 (a few weeks ago, "It'll be
>> released when it's ready")
>>
>> Some look beyond that date.

I still fail to grasp how/why so many people see to fail the mess Microsft
(Windows in particular) is in. There will be no short-term remedy.