Re: Microsoft's Barrier to Kernel Locks Out Competition

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft's Barrier to Kernel Locks Out Competition
  • From: "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 Aug 2006 07:03:40 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Windows defense handcuffs good guys

I'm on vacation in NYC this week and I just installed two copies of
Firefox (one at each of my sisters homes).   First I was surprised that
neither one had it already since at least one is a very heavy business
computing user.

But I noticed that every week MS is making it harder and harder to
complete the installation.   There are new popups make it harder to run
the install and to set Firefox to connect to the internet.   Yes, I
guess that's better security, but no, I don't think that the
hole-ridden IE has to jump through such hoops even though it's probably
the biggest security risk on the desktop!