Re: Vista default Startup and Shutdown sounds finalised

__/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Friday 11 August 2006 13:01 \__

> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> __/ [ Hadron Quark ] on Friday 11 August 2006 12:20 \__

>>> Does one?
>>>
>>> What privacy? If you're going to a website how does privacy come into
>>> it?
>>

>> True. Especially true if you consider Web 2.0 thingies, where everything
>> you do is shared with world (as well as spammed).
>>

>>> being redirected to some gay porn site might be annoying, but its hardly
>>> an invasion of privacy.
>>>
>>> What *would* be a good invention by the firefox team would be a tinyurl
>>> decryptor so we could see the underlying URL pop up before going to the
>>> recommended site. Or?
>>

>> TinyURL seem to have some involvement with Firefox hooks, unless it's a
>> third-party voluneer job.
>>
>> http://mozmonkey.com/
>>
>> See TinyURL Extension. It's very handy. Two mouse clicks can have the URL
>> generated in the background (for page in focus) and inserted into your
>> clipboard.
>
> You use it?

Yes. It's one of those toys that make it hard to depart from Firefox.

> It doesnt recognise the "Do not show confirmation message" preference on
> my machine.
>
> It also doesnt work over "Links" : basically it seems to be half
> assed. A shame.

Probably a Greasemonkey script, judging by the domain name of the programmer.
These are all half-baked. Grease and Monkey serve as a subtle clue. *smile*

> Who the hell puts an intrusive confirmation "it worked" on something
> thats supposed to save time & clicks/keystrokes!?!?

Bingo. That's a nuisance. And it needs mouse intervention for focus, to make
matters worse.