Re: [News] Why WGA Will Immediately Drive Many People to Linux

__/ [ alt ] on Friday 11 August 2006 09:50 \__

> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 09:35:59 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ alt ] on Friday 11 August 2006 07:22 \__
>>
>>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

>>> The problem is that many, many customers are thieves. Some don't even
>>> know it as their system came "pre-installed" with a lot of software.
>>>
>>> But the inconvenience is not worth it, IMO.
>>>
>>> WGA can get stuffed.
>>
>> WGA is so good to Linux. I'm actually thinking about starting a port of
>> WGA to GNU/Linux (call it LGA and have it remind you that you are in a
>> position of advantage). If only SourceForge approved my application... and
>> Microsoft released the source code...
>
> Write it from scratch in Tcl/Tk. All it has to do is put a window on the
> screen reading: "This Copy of Linux is Genuine".
>
> ;-)

Hmm... this article from Linux.com is only a couple of weeks old:

        ( Create GUI dialogs for GNOME and KDE )

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1036184k total,   435636k used,   600548k free,    69460k cached