Re: [News] Steven Vaughan-Nichols Explains Why GPL Just Works!

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2053094.RtLHiWJenU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| For example, no, the GPL is not "viral." I don't care what Microsoft or
| SCO tells you. It's not. Simply using GPL software as part of a larger
| program package doesn't force developers into putting their independent
| work under the GPL.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#IfLibraryIsGPL
<quote>
If a library is released under the GPL (not the LGPL), does that mean that any program which uses it has to be under the GPL?

Yes, because the program as it is actually run includes the library.
</quote>

In the case of a contradiction, I'd probably put more weight on what GNU has to say about the GPL than what Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols has to say about it.

- Oliver