Re: Microsoft Board Member Jumps Ship!

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 29 August 2006 13:29 \__
>
>>>     It takes me effort to type in the replies. So why do I do it? Well, I
>>> had assumed that people would want the same thing that I want: balanced
>>> coverage of the topic at hand. So I had considered what I was doing as a
>>> favor, to break the homogenous culture here and introduce some alternative
>>> viewpoints. However, I see it is not only unappreciated, but unwanted. So
>>> I'll stop.
>>>

>> Dear Oliver,
>>
>> The newsgroup is unmoderated, so there are no rules of conduct apart
>> from each person's sense of decency and propriety.  That means you have
>> to subtract a lot of unpleasant stuff to find the things that are
>> worthwhile.  In my opinion you have contributed to the good part of
>> this newsgroup, the one that involves honest discussions, exchange of
>> information, and respect for others with differing opinions.  I would
>> be sorry to see you go, and I hope you change your mind.
>>
>> Nessuno
>
> Same sentiments over here. It seems regretful.

He can't filter because he's posting with Outlook Express.  For me, this
does rather sum Mr Wong up.  I personally feel that he's in the wrong
group, and that there are windows advocacy groups out there where I'm
sure he'd be very welcome.  I wish him luck in his quest for a proper
location for his postings.

"Nuclear war would really set back cable."
- Ted Turner